Dual Sport and Adventure Touring

Across BC, less than 20% of the publicly accessible roads are paved.  Dual sports and ADV – street legal, off-road worthy motorcycles – give us access to the other 80%.  This workshop will help you adapt your street riding skills to off-road riding, and learn navigation, observation, and tactics for the most important objective of all: arriving home safe.

Adventure Touring - Off-road Ways to On Road  Places

Only around 20% of the roads across BC are paved.  Riding a Dual Sport or Adventure Touring motorcycle give us access to the other 80%.  It also allows us to ride forest roads and trails without a support vehicle, and connect off-road rides with short stretches of pavement.

If you ride a dual sport for the versatility, but have wanted to explore off the paved path, the V-Twin Dual Sport Workshop will get you started.  And Adventure Touring is about finding off-road ways to get to on-road places.    

V-Twin Dual Sport and Adventure Touring is a one or two day workshop, covering:

  • Equipment needs - motorcycle preparation
  • Riding gear and contingencies
  • Skill adjustment - managing traction, adverse terrain, obstacles
  • Where to ride - legalities, insurance, navigation
  • Travelling on logging roads and trails - strategies, what to expect from road and trail users
  • Arriving home safe.

Details

  • One or two day off-road workshop
  • For licensed riders on own bike
  • Training topics: equipment, preparation, riding gear, contingencies
  • Skills - managing traction, adverse terrain, obstacles
  • Where to ride - legalities, insurance, navigation
  • Arriving home safe.

Why V-Twin

“At V-Twin, it’s not just about riding, it’s about riding well.”

Our approach is simple; we help people develop skills to become good riders, and habits to become safe riders.

Experienced Instructors

V-Twin Instructors are the most experienced in BC.

V-Twin Motorcycle Rider Training School is the premier rider training school in the BC

We have provided quality rider training to new and experienced riders in the Thompson/Okanagan, Fraser Valley, and now Sunshine Coast, for more than 20 years.

The Approach

We offer a three phase training package that breaks down into classroom instruction, parking lot training and when you are ready, road riding.

Small class sizes makes for an efficient program – more riding, less waiting in line means up to 30% more riding time than at other schools.

Pace of Training

The pace of training is adjusted to suit the needs of the students.

We give you the time and coaching you need to learn the skills, and practice them under the watchful eyes of our well experienced and ICBC licensed instructors.