Learn to ride in: Sunshine Coast

Learn to ride well, on the beautiful Sunshine Coast of BC. Enjoy a week of immersion riding experience, with long open afternoons to enjoy the ocean and the coastal pace. For Sunshine Coasters already living your dream life here, this training will take you from no previous experience to becoming a skilled and independent rider. Motorcycles and Motorcycle Skills Test (MST) supplied.  Courses for new riders, and riders with experience, but no license.  These courses will prepare you for the final ICBC road test. Turn it into an Education Vacation; take advantage of the small group sizes and dual-sport access for an enjoyable learning holiday.

Contact:

Contact us for further information or to enquire about a course:

E-mail - sunshine@vtwinmotorcycleschool.com
Phone - 1 604 740 6923

Available courses:

The New Rider Training course will give you the confidence you need to ride safely. We will take you from no experience to be road test ready in less than two weeks.

  • Certified programme that meets ICBC standards, and allows us to offer the Motorcycle Skills Assessment (MST)
  • Motorcycle supplied; we have a selection of bikes for riders of all sizes and riding styles
  • Road Test preparation included.  We provide a pre-test ride with evaluation and feedback to ensure RT readiness.


Accelerated Rider Training (ACRT) is for riders with previous experience, but without a Class 6 License.  Perhaps you have been riding off-road, and now want to ride a dual-sport or Adventure Touring bike.  Or you transferred from another jurisdiction and your motorcycle license didn't transfer.  We provide:

  • Certified programme that meets ICBC standards, and allows us to offer the Motorcycle Skills Assessment (MST)
  • Theory, and minimum 6 hours of one on one Practical Training, on your schedule.
  • Use of a motorcycle for training and the MST (conducted on site by one of our certified Assessment Officers)


Motorcycle Skills Test Preparation - focusing on skills, to give you the best chance of succeeding on the MST at ICBC

Road Test Preparation - arrive confident and well prepared for your Road Test

Traffic Wise - 2 days of in Traffic training in a group setting - to prepare you for the increasingly complex traffic environment, and give you a leg up on preparing for your Road Test.



Across BC, less than 10% of the publicly accessible roads are paved.  Dual sports – street legal, off-road worthy motorcycles – give us access to the other 90%.  If you ride a dual sport for the versatility, but have wanted to explore off the paved path, the V-Twin Dual Sport Workshop will get you started.  Adventure Touring is about finding off-road ways to get to on-road places.  The combined workshop will help you adapt your street riding skills to off-road riding, and learn navigation, observation, and tactics for the most important objective of all: arriving home safe.



Private lessons are available to address specific needs, ie building confidence on a new bike, or for New Riders with personal schedules too difficult fit into our location schedules.

We can also supplement our NRC schedule with private lessons to make it work for you, a combination of group and private training to ensure you are ready for the road.

Private lessons – one on one training on your schedule, or custom training for couples or small groups – get some friends together.




Why V-Twin

“At V-Twin, it’s not just about riding, it’s about riding well.”

Our approach is simple; we help people develop skills to become good riders, and habits to become safe riders.


Experienced Instructors

V-Twin Instructors are the most experienced in BC.

V-Twin Motorcycle Rider Training School is the premier rider training school in the BC

We have provided quality rider training to new and experienced riders in the Thompson/Okanagan, Fraser Valley, and now Sunshine Coast, for more than 10 years.

The Approach

We offer a three phase training package that breaks down into classroom instruction, parking lot training and when you are ready, road riding.

Small class sizes makes for an efficient program – more riding, less waiting in line means up to 30% more riding time than at other schools.

Pace of Training

The pace of training is adjusted to suit the needs of the students.

We give you the time and coaching you need to learn the skills, and practice them under the watchful eyes of our well experienced and ICBC licensed instructors.